10/13/2008

Two interesting questions kept coming up during this weekend's Art Trail: " where do your images come from" and " when do you know it's done?" Knowing when a painting is done is a common question whether you do representational or abstract art, but it does seem more relevant for abstract art, since there is nothing in the physical world I'm trying to mirror. For me the answer is as broad as the question; it's more an intuitive sense that the balance of line, colors, defined shapes, layers of textures, all feel right and in proportion. Sometimes I think a painting is done before it really is. When that happens I go back and either add or radically change the whole thing, but I can never really judge until I've left it for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding resin-magic!

Why this- why now?

“Easter Egg” in summer!