Ithaca-based painter specializing in large-scale and miniature abstracts in ink and acrylic.
New work in Vanished Kingdoms Series
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Arclight 50x70
Eutropia I
Eutropia II
Qin
Yan
New work, many pieces will be in upcoming show at Orazio Salati gallery in Binghamton which opens June 7 and runs through the end July. The ones with strange-sounding names are part of the body of work Vanished Kingdoms, Invisible Cities; I hope at some point to mount a show on that theme.
This month I hosted another writing group created and run by my dear friend Zee Zahava, who brings small groups to the gallery to respond to the current show- not a critique of the work but a response to how the pictures make them feel. It is such a privilege to share in these visions. This is Zee’s short art/fiction story of coming to Ithaca- standing in front her favorite picture of the month. It was late August, 1968, and the drive from our apartment in the Bronx, up to Quarry Dorm in Ithaca, was long. Longer than it would be for any other family. My father was nervous. He had to stop and pee at every rest stop. Also, he had to smoke a cigar, each time we stopped. My mother was unusually quiet. Each time dad got out of the car mom would turn around in her seat to ask if I was okay. I always said that I was. But was I? I had no idea. I was bundled into the back seat with my guitar, my new electric typewriter, a not-very-good record player, and all my albums: Joni, L...
So great to be showing in the luxurious space of Tim Brooks' new expo68 gallery in the Eastern Hills Mall this month. Tim has a great eye for display and quality- all good wishes on this exciting new venture. In the meantime, do stop by before September 7.
Red has always been one of my favorite colors, and I've been going to town lately. One is under resin which really makes it pop, but the completely inked painting also makes a statement. Trying to push winter away, I guess.
Comments