Vanished Kingdoms, Invisible Cities

I've been painting nonstop lately, now that school is finished. I still find it hard without Dan's sharp comments, but Emily is stepping in, brilliant artist and critic that she is, and Jack is of course, both wonderfully supportive and willing to offer intuitive feedback. 

The more I look back a the texts that inspired me to start this series, the more relevant to today they seem. For example, this quote from the introduction to Calvino's Invisible Cities, describing Kublai Khan's realization that" ..we discover that this empire, which had seemed to us the sum of all wonders, is an endless, formless ruin, that corruption's gangrene has spread too far to be healed by our scepter, that the triumph over enemy sovereigns has made us the heirs of their long undoing".

 But that's a political view; for me,  I'm exploring vanished kingdoms of memories, invisible cities of our dreams.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding resin-magic!

Why this- why now?

“Easter Egg” in summer!